Thursday 8 October 2009

Phishing (fake) email scam warning

Hi,

I just wanted to warn you of a security threat affecting webmail services such as hotmail, gmail by google, yahoo and yahoo, which came to light this week. You may have seen this featured on BBC News.

The threat commonly involves compromised email accounts sending personalised emails to your contacts suggesting shopping sites which are fake.

I personally wanted to let you know that I never have and never will send you any links that ask you to visit any online stores. I never send spam or junk mail and never email website recommendations. If you do receive such emails from me, tell me - they are probably fake.

The only site I might mention is my own website, www.fotoflickr.co.uk and I promise this is safe, secure and legitimate.

For advice on staying safe with your webmail accounts and for detailed information, the BBC has valuable news and guidance:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8292928.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8294714.stm

Thanks for reading and please tell your friends and colleagues.

Ryan
ryanjaprice(at)gmail.com



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can anyone recommend the robust Software Deployment program for a small IT service company like mine? Does anyone use Kaseya.com or GFI.com? How do they compare to these guys I found recently: N-able N-central desktop management
? What is your best take in cost vs performance among those three? I need a good advice please... Thanks in advance!