Tuesday 1 December 2009

The Fellowship of the Unashamed

I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed.
The di has been cast,
The decision made,
I have stepped over the line.
I will not look back,
Let up,
Slow down,
Or back away.

My past is redeemed,
My present presence makes sense,
My future is secure.
I am finished and done with low living,
Sight walking,
Small planting,
Smooth knees,
Colourless dreams,
Mundane talking,
Cheap giving and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need pre-eminence,
Prosperity,
Position,
Promotion,
Or popularity.
I don’t have to be right,
Tops,
Recognised,
Praised,
Regarded or rewarded.

I now live by faith.
I lean on His presence and walk with patience,
I live by prayer and I labour with power.

My face is set, my pace is fast, my goal is heaven,
My path is narrow and the way is rough.
My companions are few but my guide is reliable and my mission is clear.

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, feared away, turned back, deluded, or delayed.
I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,
I will not hesitate in the presence of the adversary.
I will not negotiate at the table of the enemy,
Or ponder at the pool of popularity.
I will not meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won’t give up, shut up or let up,
Until I have stayed up, prayed up, stored up, paid up and spoken for the cause of Christ.

 
I am a disciple of Christ, I must go until He comes, give until I drop,
Preach until I know and work is known or He stops me.
And when He comes for His own,
He will have no problem recognising me.

My banner is clear…
I am a part of the fellowship of the unashamed.

Posted via email from uselessdesires

No comments: