Saturday 23 January 2010

I Died A Death

I died a death but stayed alive
In phantom's likeness I survive
Alive, yet dead, I walk alone
In rooms with walls as cold as stone.

I lived a life and dreamed a dream
And loved the life you lived with me
Then in the whisper of a breath
You left, and then I died a death

Though dead I live, I cannot part
From love within my heart
Within my sorrow I must strive
To keep my hope and faith alive

For all the love that I would give
I surely would prefer to live
To be content, not to survive
But feel my spirit come alive

You slowly took your final breath
But it was me, my dear,
who died a death

© Ryan Price, 23rd January, 2010. All rights reserved.

Again, not big art, but random thoughts of old memories and special people.

Posted via email from uselessdesires

No comments: