Sunday 14 March 2010

A Mother's Love ~ A Mother's Day Poem & Some Photos

A Mother's love is something


that no on can explain,

It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain,
It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away . . .
It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heart is breaking . . .
It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems . . .
It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation . . .
A many splendoured miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender guiding hand.

~Helen Steiner Rice~

The top photo was taken by my brother Matthew, a couple of years ago, on Caldy Island, off the coast of West Wales, showing me and Jane, my Mother. 

This picture was taken way back when! It's baby-me and my mother, Jane on a beach:

This was my 'other' mother, my Grandmother, Betty Brown, strawberry picking! My Nanna & Me:

To complete the maternal line, this is my Great-Grandmother, my Grandmother's mother and my mother's grandmother. This is Nanna 'Pow' as I don't think I could say her name at the time! Me & Nanna Powell:

Finally, 30 years later, me and my mum in Brecon, South Wales, last summer:

Happy Mother's Day everyone. Treasure the one's you have, remember the one's lost...   

Posted via email from uselessdesires

No comments: