Wednesday 19 August 2009

Alone

Alone, a reflection
(and yes, that's me in the photo...)


I know you don't care
You don't care about me
I'm just something in the way
Something you don't wish to see.
You only speak to me under sufferance
You'd far rather pack me off somewhere else
You don't want to have anything to do with me
You make me feel like that myself.
I wish you'd talk to me
I wish you'd laugh with me
I wish you'd be there for me
I wish you'd understand me.
I just want you to put your arms round me
And say it's going to be OK,
I just want you to want me here
Not like I was forced on you to stay.
You don't talk to me
You don't smile at me
You don't ask me
You don't want to know me.
The sooner I'm out of your life
The better, I've heard you say,
The sooner you don't have to keep an eye on me
That'll be a wonderful day.
You haven't said this to my face
But I see it every time you look at me,
I know I'm not wanted,
I know I'm not loved,
Which is always going to be the way for me.
You don't ever worry about me
If I'm late,
You just think that I'm
One big mistake.
You should have said no,
No, I don't want him,
That would have stopped me hurting
For sure.
But you didn't, and it hurts,
It really does,
And I know it's never going to change,
As I walk away,
As I run away,
Alone,
Empty,
Unloved.

No comments: