Thursday 6 December 2007

What a funny week...

... it all started after I finished my 7-in-a-row night shift duty. I stayed up until midday on Monday, intending to wake up at 6pm(ish) and actually woke up the next day at about 6pm, so got about 48 hours sleep! So that was Tuesday over with!

Then, yesterday me and Michael went into town and did some essential shopping, and I got my haircut. I was greatly saddened by the amount of grey hair Haley (my hairdresser) revealed on my monthly trim. I'd been letting the hair-dye grow out and when she gave me my trim it was shocking! So it's a case of going back into town maybe tomorrow to get it coloured again! I promised never to dye my hair again, but the amount of silver on my temples is WAY too much than what's respectable for a young man of my few 28 years!

Then, in the evening, Andrea (my great-mate from work) took me and Michael to IKEA for some Christmas Home-Making Therapy! Wendy (another great-mate from work) was supposed to come, and made it as far as my front room, but surprisingly changed her mind at the last minute. Oh, that's a story and a half! ANYWAY. I bought some oldy-worldy bedding, a lamp-shade and some bed cushions. Gave our bedroom an whole makeover for less than £60. 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy' move over! Don't know why I'm posting a picture of my bedroom, but here's the result:



Molly seemed to take to it very quickly! Look, aw:



Well anyway... today I woke up at 5 and came downstairs to tell Michael off for waking me up so early in the morning. He laughed and told me it was actually 5PM, evening-time. I can't believe I went to bed at midnight last night and woke up and 5pm today. I'm losing days! What's wrong with me?!

... and all with an ear & throat infection, and an ever-growing addiction to nicotine. I MUST LAY OFF THE FAGS. Anyway, I start another 7 night shifts on Monday evening, so my well-laid plans of going to Wales to visit my Nana had better stick next time, as this week has proved a total disaster.

Michael has been doing lots of shopping for Christmas decorations (decs) and came home today with a 7 foot tall Pine Tree! I might do a bit tomorrow - I really want an angel for the top of the tree.

Anyway, that's it for tonight. I'm going to bed at 10pm and going to try and get into a normal sleeping regime again... I hope!
----------------
Now playing: Laura Cantrell - And Still
via FoxyTunes

No comments: