Sunday 27 April 2008

Stormy Weather

It's Sunday, and after a relaxing day of doing very little except popping to the shops, I'm sitting here in gloomy weather. There's a full storm raging outside! Thunder, lightening, rain, wind, the works! Michael is in the kitchen cooking a paella and I'm here, drinking wine.

So, as you may have read in a previous post, I've left my job after a few conflicts of interest with my manager. So, for the past few weeks I've been unemployed and underpaid, which makes for a depressing time. I have a few things in the pipeline, but won't 'jinx' it by mentioning yet.

Life since then has pretty uneventful - still coming to terms with the death of my grandmother, and actually missing work a bit! I seem to spend much of my time either on here, with my friend Dee, with Michael or asleep!

Michael has been off work this week, but we haven't really done much - I went over to his family home last weekend to celebrate his birthday, and the Friday before saw us entertaining a few friends at our house. Michael is 25 now!

I hope to go home next week - must get some train tickets now while they're cheaper.

My friend Dee, who's been a great support lately... no doubt we'll being doing a bit more charity and second-hand shop trawling in the coming weeks for the odd antique or collectable! Like this one:



Bye for now... x







No comments: