Wednesday 12 January 2011

Maybe this Time - Cabaret - Liza Minnelli

Maybe this time, I'll be lucky,
Maybe this time, he'll stay, Maybe this time,
For the first time, Love won't hurry away. He will hold me fast,
I'll be home at last, Not a loser anymore, Like the last time, And the time before. Everybody loves a winner, So nobody loved me; 'Lady Peaceful,' 'Lady Happy,' That's what I long to be,
All the odds are in my favour, Something's bound to begin, It's got to happen, happen sometime,
Maybe this time I'll win.....

Maybe this time, I'll be lucky, Maybe this time, he'll stay,
Maybe this time,
For the first time,
Love won't hurry away. He will hold me fast,
I'll be home at last,
Not a loser anymore,
Like the last time, And the time before. Everybody loves a winner,
So nobody loved me; 'Lady Peaceful,' 'Lady Happy,' That's what I long to be, All the odds are in my favour, Something's bound to begin! It's got to happen, happen sometime Maybe this time, maybe this time, I'll win.....

Posted via email from uselessdesires

No comments: