Saturday 12 January 2013

POETRY: I AM STILL HERE

Once, my tortured tangled heart,
Ached alone, hurt and weeping,
Yearning for the company I was seeking,
Pushed away by the one I was keeping. 

He walked out on me without a clue,
And summer lost its brightest hue,
No explanation, just desperation,
To return to a life he once knew. 

Autumns day was short and fast,
His pseudo-love for me would not last,
Yet still I kept and provided for him,
Even when winters evening grew so dim.

For him the grass was always greener,
His desire for a greater life now keener,
I fought too hard and bore the scars,
To keep a man already lost, in eternal spring.

I feel no pity for this man,
No longer do I love or hate him,
Indifference is now my only feeling,
My beating heart no longer reeling.

The light of a clear blue morning beckons,
In this life I've learned many lessons,
The sun again has shown to me its face,
And now no longer will I fall from grace. 

He is gone but I am still here,
Yet no care nor anything do I now feel,
All he left was a comma, on a blotted page,
In a fairytale chapter of a long ago age. 

~ Ryan Price

© 2013 Ryan J. A. Price (11/01/2013)
all rights reserved. No copying or reproduction in whole or part without the express written permission of the author. 

Contra Omnia Discrimina 

No comments: