Saturday 15 August 2009

I sent an email to a good friend. Thought I might as well post it here, as it could apply to all of you. Reach out - touch this lonely Ryan... The email:

Dear Joe Applesead
(not his real name!!!)!

A personal email for once!

I just thought I'd drop a line to say hi and to just pass on the link to my old, but revamped blog. It's got most of my news on there...

www.uselessdesires.co.uk

But for the last year in a nutshell, go to my yearly summary by going to:

http://uselessdesires.blogspot.com/2009/08/coming-back-to-bloggerland.html

It's not brilliantly exciting, but it serves as a type of letter I suppose. I remember when we used to write to each other more regularly. I miss that, but times change. I still have all your letters though.

Since I wrote on that particular blog post, not alot has changed. Andrew and I are going through a rocky patch at the moment; not entirely confident that we'll work it out, but time will tell.

On the plus side, I still have another week off work so would like to try and do at least something. Any ideas?!

I think my mum is coming to visit me next week. I'll believe it when I see it - it's been three years since she last drove up to Leicester, and vowed never to do it again after getting lost in Birmingham after taking a wrong turning on the motorway!! It took her 6 hours to get from my place to her house in Wales; should have taken 3 hours max!!!

I've just come back from a lovely break in Stratford. Andrew and I stay in a fantastic elizabethan hotel right in the centre, and did the proper tourist thing (which I would normally avoid like the plague). To my suprise, I enjoyed Stratford.

We went rowing on the Avon which was brilliant - haven't done anything like that since I was a kid! We also visited Shakespeare's birthplace home, and a few of his other residencies. Also took some great photos, which while hopefully make an appearance on my photography, prints and design website soon. It's chronically neglected at the moment, and half way though a major redesign, so things are not exactly as the should be. But if you want a look at this work in progress. It's at:

www.fotoflickr.co.uk

I'm laying here in the bed surrounded by my old faithful cats, with the sash windows open; it's so muggy, but this week there's a great musical festival on not far from my house, so with the music sailing in on the wind, I can listen to some pretty good acts live while in bed! I've got a friend from Sweden performing there tomorrow. He called Teitur. Have you heard of him? I might pop along tomorrow or Sunday, when he's on. At last years festival I met Jose Gonzales to name but one, and met up with my great friend and singer-songwriter, kathryn Williams. If you haven't heard if her either, do check her out - she's great.

One thing that hadn't changed is my waffling. So I'll sign off now and wish you and yours all the best. Would be great to hear from you, but no worries if you don't.

One last thing; join me on Twitter!!

www.Twitter.com to sign up and then my username is uselessdesires to find me!

Bye for now, and love, blessings and happiness to you always....

Ryan x



No comments: