Monday 17 August 2009

Lost

Lost in a sea of faces.
All alone in the crowd.
No one turns an ear,
Though I scream out loud.
Lost alone in the darkness,
Why can't anyone hear?
Warmth is fading swiftly,
And the snows are drawing near.
Lost without a friend,
I face the world alone.
No one's here to hear me laugh.
Oblivion is my home.
The light is ever fading.
The darkness drawing nigh.
Will nobody come to me,
To bring me to the light?
We all just stand around speaking.
Illusion, no one really hears.
We're all too concerned with ourselves,
Fighting our own fears.
You can't see the world through a mirror,
But no one tried to break through.
We wallow in our own darkness
We wander without a clue.
If just one hand could pierce the darkness
To grab another's hand,
No longer would we all be lost,
And light would flood the land.

No comments: