Wednesday 2 December 2009

Facebook Compromise

My facebook account was compromised today. See the attached email. So if you're wondering why I'm not on here for a while, it's because Facebook think I have Malware or a Virus on my PC. I'm scanning and fixing as I type, but please be aware of any phishing attacks aimed at your own accounts or PC's. I'll be back soon, in the mean time, here's what facebook had to say:

---

from     
Facebook <roadblock+a06o==t9@facebookmail.com>
reply-to Facebook <roadblock+a06o==t9@facebookmail.com>
to Ryan Price <r****************@gmail.com>
date 2 December 2009 09:43
subject Security Warning From Facebook
mailed-by facebookmail.com
Signed by facebookmail.com

Dear Ryan Price,

We have detected suspicious activity on your Facebook account and have temporarily suspended your account as a security precaution. It is possible that malicious software was downloaded to your computer or that your password was stolen by a phishing website designed to look like Facebook.

You can regain control of your account by logging into Facebook and following the on-screen instructions.

Please be sure to visit the Facebook Help Center (http://www.facebook.com/help.php) for further information regarding these security issues and let us know if you need assistance.

Thanks,
Facebook Security Team

Posted via web from uselessdesires

2 comments:

jose said...

That happen to me too but i don't know if that Email can from Facebook i wait for the answer of Facebook i change my pass because when i try to sing to my account i need to follow son question a put new pass to get in to my Facebook Account

Chris said...

I've disabled email notifications, so didn't get the email, but when I tried to login to Facebook I got the same message. No idea what caused it.