Thursday 18 March 2010

Unrequited Love is a Tainted, Losing Game - My Bitterness Sweetened by Creative Poison

"Remember, the ghosts of your past are merely the shadows at your feet... A constant reminder of the life you have led, the knives you have twisted, the people you have hurt, the souls you have crushed, and the friends you have betrayed. Seeds have been sown, and now, you will reap the bitter harvest of your own contemptuous reward..."

[Footnote: a very close 'friend' of mine apparently 'years ago' told my then-partner of 6 years that I had slept with this friend; that I had been unfaithful, adulterous and deceitful. I found this out only today, two years and many tears after the one I dearly loved left me. Of course, I was angry, hurt, shocked and upset at hearing a revelation from a partner that had kept quiet for many years. Concious of the unnecessary emotional angst and torment my then-partner must have endured in silence almost broke my heart today. That friend will only realise the damaged caused, when one day, I may be called upon in an hour of need only to find out I will no longer be there. Instead of getting angry at this former-friend, I sat down, got upset, wrote it down, and will now push it to one side, with the contemptious distain it now deserves, much like the disrespect shown to the relationship I cherished with my former lover...]

Posted via email from uselessdesires

No comments: